I hate these phony GOP washed up liberal so-called conservatives who think that any REAL Conservative would listen to them.
Columnist Max Boot during Monday’s “Morning Joe” on MSNBC urged all voters as a “life-long conservative” to vote straight ticket Democrat in the midterm elections as a way to destroy the Republican Party with the hope to bring it to the “center-right” instead of being the party of President Donald Trump.
“All of these horrible trends that you see under Trump, they will be solidified as a core part of the Republican identity,” Boot lamented. “That’s why I think it is essential that the Republicans pay a price at the ballot box for what they are doing. And that’s why I’m urging as somebody who is a life-long Republican never voted for a Democrat before I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016; having said all that I’m urging everybody to vote straight ticket Democratic in November because I think it’s imperative to get some checks and balances.”
He continued, “The Republican Party has shown they will not stop Donald Trump’s abuses of power, and that they will continue remolding themselves in Donald Trump’s image unless they understand there’s a price to be paid at the ballot box. And I think essentially the Republican Party as currently constituted needs to be razed to the ground, needs to be destroyed and needs to be burned and then maybe, maybe, maybe out of the ashes we can build up a more reasonable and responsible center-right party which is something this country desperately needs.”
The Senate Judiciary Committee questioned Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh last Wednesday regarding a letter delivered to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) in which an anonymous woman claims she was repeatedly raped by the judge without providing any details to investigate.
According to committee transcripts released Sunday, the accuser, who signed the mysterious letter as “Jane Doe,” alleges Kavanaugh and a friend raped her “several times” after giving her a lift home from a party — making no attempt to claim a time or place for the lurid story.
The accuser claims Kavanaugh groped her, slapped her, and force her to perform sexual acts. “They forced me to go into the backseat and took 2 turns raping me several times each. They dropped me off 3 two blocks from my home,” the accuser wrote, claiming the pair told her, “No one will believe if you tell. Be a good girl.”
The letter, marked with the word “urgent,” did not include a return address, nor did it offer clues regarding the accuser’s background. “A group of white men, powerful senators who won’t believe me, will come after me” if I reveal the incident, the accuser wrote, prompting observers to speculate the sender could be a minority.
The accusation was met with a vehement denial from Kavanaugh, who characterized the allegation as nothing short of “ridiculous.”
“Nothing ever – anything like that, nothing,” the Supreme Court nominee told senators concerning the accusation. “I mean, that’s – the whole thing is just a crock, farce, wrong, didn’t happen, not anything close.”
Read the full letter below (Spaces added for easier reading):
Dear, Senator Grassley, et al.
The current situation regarding the accusations made by Dr. Ford against Brett Kavanaugh have prompted me to write you today. I have moved on with my life since he forced himself on me as well. The times were so different, and I didn’t expect to be taken seriously, embarrass my family, be believed at all. I was at a party with a friend. I had been drinking. She left with another boy, leaving me to find my own way home. Kavanaugh and a friend offered me a ride home. I don’t know the other boy’s name. I was in his car to go home. His friend was behind me in the backseat. Kavanaugh kissed me forcefully.
I told him I only wanted a ride home. Kavanaugh continued to grope me over my clothes, forcing his kisses on me and putting his hand under my sweater. ‘No,’ I yelled at him. The boy in the backseat reached around, putting his hand over my mouth and holding my arm to keep me in the car. I screamed into his hand. Kavanaugh continued his forcing himself on me. He pulled up my sweater and bra exposing my breasts, and reached into my panties, inserting his fingers into my vagina. My screams were silenced by the boy in the backseat covering my mouth and groping me as well. Kavanaugh slapped me and told me to be quiet and forced me to perform oral sex on him. He climaxed in my mouth. They forced me to go into the backseat and took turns raping me several times each.
They dropped me off two blocks from my home. ‘No one will believe if you tell. Be a good girl,’ he told me. Watching what has happened to Anita Hill and Dr. Ford has me petrified to come forward in person or even provide my name. A group of white men, powerful senators who won’t believe me, will come after me. Like Dr. Ford, I’m a teacher, I have an education, a family, a child, a home. I have credibility. Just because something happens a long time ago, because a rape victim doesn’t want to personally come forward, does not mean something can’t be true.
Jane Doe, Oceanside, California.
On Monday, the White House issued revised guidance to the FBI that agents can interview anyone they deem relevant as part of their investigation of Kavanaugh. President Donald Trump ordered the FBI to reopen Kavanaugh’s background investigation Friday after several women accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.
Speaking at a White House Rose Garden event, President Trump told reporters that he continues to support Kavanaugh, describing him as a “fine man.” “I think he’s a great scholar … he focused on being number one at Yale, on being number one in high school, at being number one at law,” the president added. “I can so understand that.”
Kavanaugh has strongly denied all allegations, issuing the following statement through the White House on Friday:
“Throughout this process, I’ve been interviewed by the FBI, I’ve done a number of ‘background’ calls directly with the Senate, and yesterday, I answered questions under oath about every topic the Senators and their counsel asked me. I’ve done everything they have requested and will continue to cooperate.”
According to multiple reports, the investigation could wind down as earlier as Monday or Tuesday.
Dana Bash
✔@DanaBashCNN
GOP senator tells me that @senatemajldr told WH Friday the 3 key GOP Senators wanted the FBI to interview 4 people: PJ Smyth, Leland Keyser, Mark Judge & Deborah Ramirez. Senator tells me with that limit – FBI could be done by today or Tuesday #Kavanaugh
In a Senate floor speech Monday afternoon, Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) vowed lawmakers will vote this week on Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. “The goalpost keeps shifting, but the goal hasn’t moved an inch. Not an inch,” said the Kentucky senator. “Let me make it very clear. The time for endless delay and obstruction has come to a close. Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation is out of committee. We’re considering it here on the floor… We’ll be voting on it this week.”
Investigative counsel Rachel Mitchell, cross-examining Christine Blasey Ford at the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, demolished her claim that she could not testify on Monday because she was afraid of flying.
Ford and her attorneys refused a Monday hearing, arguing that she was afraid to fly. One of her friends even claimed that her fear of flying was a result of the alleged assault by Judge Brett Kavanaugh over 35 years ago.
The GOP has been told that Ford does not want to fly from her California home to Washington, according to the Republican senator, which means she may need to drive across the country. Ford has reportedly told friends she is uncomfortable in confined spaces, indicating a physical difficulty in making the trip by plane.
Committee chair Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) then offered to travel to California to interview Ford, relieving her of the need to fly. She declined. There was talk of having Ford drive across the country to make the hearing.
Yet under questioning by Mitchell, Ford admitted that she had, in fact, flown across the country to make the hearing. She had also flown to the east coast for a vacation with family in August. She also admitted flying frequently for her work and for her hobbies, including surfing vacations in Hawaii, Costa Rica, and French Polynesia. Ford, laughing nervously, said that it was easier to fly for vacations.
Critics had speculated that the sole reason Democrats, and Ford, were refusing a Monday hearing — or even a compromise Wednesday hearing — was because a Thursday hearing would make it almost impossible for the Senate to hold a confirmation vote on Judge Kavanaugh before the Supreme Court begins its new session on October 1.
Hell Yes I’m Lying! my Lips Are Moving So That Is What I Do.
Barack Obama was supposed to be campaigning for Congressional candidates in California on Saturday, but that wouldn’t stop him from talking about himself.
A lot.
All told, Obama referred to himself at least 63 times during his 23-minute speech. That’s an average of once every 23 seconds.
Responding to chants of “Yes We Can,” Obama referred to himself 8 times in the first minute.
“It is good to be back in California. It is good to be back. I love you, too!” Obama said.
“I do. I, um, I, I, I just, I, I just had time to spend with some amazing Democratic candidates for Congress,” he said.
But before he could focus on them, he had to focus on himself.
After saying he was going to talk about the candidates, Obama said, “But before I do so, I was telling them I went to Disneyland twice when I was younger.”
After telling the crowd he was kicked out of the park for smoking, he said, “At the time I was a teenager, I was rebellious.”
“I love you, Obama!” a fan interrupted moments later.
“I love you, too,” he responded.
“I gave a long speech yesterday,” he said, referring to the 64-minute speech at the University of Illinois in which he referred to himself at least 102 times, “and so today is a different role.”
But it wasn’t all that different from Friday’s appearance, except in Illinois, it was only once every 38 seconds. “Only.”
Obama’s favorite word seemed to be “I,” which he repeated at least 87 times, followed by more than a dozen references to “my” or “me,” The American Mirror reported on Friday.
“By the time I left office, household income was near its all-time high, and the uninsured rate had hit an all-time low, and wages were rising, and poverty rates were falling. I mention all this just so when you hear how great the economy is doing right now, let’s just remember when this recovery started,” Obama told the students.
“When you hear about this economic miracle that’s been going on – when the job numbers come out … and suddenly Republicans are saying, ‘It’s a miracle!’ I have to kind of remind them: actually, those job numbers are the same as they were in 2015 and 2016,” he said.
All told, Obama referred to himself 63 times during the Anaheim appearance, saying “I” 61 times, and “me” and “my” once each.
He devoted just 5 minutes — or about 20 percent — of his speech to talking about the candidates he was promoting.
Look up idiot in the dictionary and you may see this picture.
President Donald Trump’s actions and words in office have tarnished America’s image and the very idea of the country far more than the 9/11 terrorist attacks, according to Morning Joe co-host Joe Scarborough on Tuesday, which marked the anniversary of strikes in New York and Washington D.C.
Scarborough, a frequent critic of Trump, was expounding on an op-ed he wrote for The Washington Post and described how the country was able to rebuild and come together after the attacks. Unlike the way in which he claimed the president had damaged the nation’s image around the globe.
“Forget about knocking down buildings in the financial district. Forget about running planes into the Pentagon. Those are tragedies, but those tragedies bring us closer together. America is an idea, you gut America of that idea that’s when you do the most harm,” Scarborough said.
He specifically noted the president’s travel ban on immigrants from predominantly Muslim-majority countries, as well as Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s refusal to speak about the ban during his confirmation hearings.
“The accumulation of that, the retweeting of neo-Nazi videos, Charlottesville. I mean I could go on and on, what he said about majority black countries. That is tearing more at the fabric of America than attacks on the Twin Towers did. We rebuilt from that. We became stronger because of that. But this seems to me a far graver threat to the idea of America,” Scarborough said.
Scarborough also pointed to failed American policies since the attacks that claimed nearly 3,000 lives at New York’s Twin Towers, the Pentagon and in Pennsylvania. The country has since fought two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, with troops still stationed in each Middle East nation and no end in sight.
“Sixteen years of strategic missteps have been followed by the maniacal moves of a man who has savaged America’s vital alliances, provided comfort to hostile foreign powers, attacked our intelligence and military communities, and lent a sympathetic ear to neo-Nazis and white supremacists across the globe,” Scarborough wrote in The Post op-ed.
Scarborough continued: “For those of us still believing that Islamic extremists hate America because of the freedoms we guarantee to all people, the gravest threat Trump poses to our national security is the damage done daily to America’s image. ”
The president started Tuesday morning by firing off a tweet regarding his ongoing feud with the FBI and Justice Department over the Trump-Russia probe, rather than a message commemorating the lives lost on 9/11.
However, Trump and first lady Melania are scheduled to participate in a ceremony in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, at the memorial for flight United 93.
Colin likes dudes and that is why he really takes a knee.
Former San Francisco 49er and original anthem protester Colin Kaepernick took to Twitter on Sunday, to thank the two Dolphins players who took a knee during Sunday’s games.
By late afternoon, only two players had taken a knee in protest during the national anthem, Dolphins players Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson. After their actions, Kaepernick tweeted out his thanks to his “brothers,” ESPN reported.
“My Brothers @kstills and @ithinkisee12 continue to show their unwavering strength by fighting for the oppressed!,” Kaepernick tweeted. “They have not backed down, even when attacked and intimidated. Their courage will move the world forward!
My Brothers @kstills and @ithinkisee12 continue to show their unwavering strength by fighting for the oppressed! They have not backed down, even when attacked and intimidated. Their courage will move the world forward!
Fellow former 49er, Eric Reid, also tweeted out his thanks to the two Dolphins players.
Stills and Wilson were not the only players to mount some form of protest. Fellow Dolphins player Robert Quinn raised his fist. 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin also raised his fist as the 49ers prepared to take on the Minnesota Vikings. In addition, Jalen Ramsey and linebacker Telvin Smith Jr. of the Jaguars stayed in the locker room during the anthem.
Kaepernick, of course, created the protest during the national anthem at the start of the 2016 NFL season and fellow 49er Reid was quick to join him in the attention-getting act. Both Kaepernick and Reid, though, have been on the sidelines and without a team, once they each went free agent, Kaepernick at the end of the 2016 season and Reid in 2017.
Both players have also filed separate grievances against the NFL claiming that the league, owners, and coaches “colluded” to keep them from pursuing their NFL careers. Recently an arbitrator ruled that Kaepernick’s challenge would go to trial.